So after a nice relaxing christmas holiday with lots of time off, i’m back in the saddle travelling around the country for work. Have clocked up about 800 miles over the last two weeks if thats any indication, and then this Sunday im off once again to Leicester for a week, and then back to Manchester (stockport) for a week after that.
My Samsung Galaxy S2 had been playing up for quite a while and it was getting to the point where almost everything I wanted to do, it wouldnt. Some examples of things that were wrong..
– The GPS stopped working
– The volume would randomly start go to minimum (very VERY annoying for using it as a walkman)
– Signal would occasionally be at 0, would have to restart to regain signal
– Battery would occasionally display 40%… then shut off and when I reboot it would say 2% remaining.
– constant ‘Phone is running out of internal storage’, taken up by files I am unable to find or delete, no solution aside from wiping the phone, but it would be back within a month…
– Microphone wouldnt work properly in speaker mode
– Would randomly boot up the android siri thing while im trying to use it for other things..
Honestly that shit was just a mess, but It lasted me a good few years so I guess I can’t complain too much. I just wish I knew why it was going haywire.
The result then…
It’s very weird using a phone without that extra ‘menu’ button, and im actually not too keen on the placement of the lock button, but other than that, very very nice phone. But then I suppose you would hope so for the money, which we wont get into.
Really havent been doing a whole lot of gaming recently, I played some of Valdis Story the other day while I was stuck in the hotel, and that game seems really good aside from a few design niggles which i’ll probably go into when I eventually review the game.
I’m also still addicted to Puzzle and Dragons on android, and after stoning my way through the Friday dungeon, finally managed to evolve and then ultimate evolve my Bastet at last, yay!
Now I just need to finish off my team with.. a bunch of other incredibly rare droprate healer monsters :X I’m still stuck on Satan, not sure how I’m supposed to deal with 66666 damage every 6 turns.
Loadout came out yesterday, which I will be having a go at shortly, but that game looks really fun. Just in time too, as there aren’t a whole lot of games that have come out recently which I am interested in. I want to play Octodad but honestly £10 for what I hear is an hours worth of gameplay is a little bit steep.
I took my camera to Manchester with me thinking it might cure some boredom, on Day 2 I went to the Trafford Centre which turns out is this gigantic shopping centre, tons of shops and then a gigantic food court and tons of themed restaurants above. It really reminded me of the shopping malls in Malaysia or Singapore and is honestly probably the best mall ive seen in the UK so far.
Oh. And I took this from a services on the M1