So uh, I quit the gym.
I lasted around 9 months, and I mean, I kind of expected it to go exactly the way it did.
Month 1 I was literally commited to going every other day, I had a training regime and everything, to the point where rest days and not overworking your muscles actually becomes relevant.
Fast forward a few months and the gym sessions started to become shorter and less frequent..
and then finally a few more months and i’m struggling to pick up the motivation to go once a week.
I’m not sure if it’s the lack of progress I made, or that I wasn’t working hard enough to see any progress or what, but it’s pretty demotivating going to a gym on the regular and just not seeing any changes – both in terms of muscle or stamina.
I can honestly say that almost a whole year of going and I barely feel any different, or look different. I’ve managed to lose approximately 160 pounds – yet my weight is exactly the same because I was talking about currency.
So uh, yeah. Guess i’m back to kettlebell, body weight exercises and just general dieting for all my weight loss needs.
if anyone is interested, i quite like this Darebee’s free visual workouts – http://darebee.com/workouts.html
My gym was filled with so many awful types of people too:
– Indian people who would sweat and fucking STINK. like holy shit how do you smell so bad.
– Obese women (particularly blacks?) who wear really skin tight clothes and then have those horrific sweat lines around their butt and back
– People in general who wear sweaters / hoodies while working out. I’m so confused, why would you do this to yourself?
– huge hairy sweaty europeans who leave massive sweat patches on the weight machines, they stink too.
– Why does nobody put their free weights back? I already know the answer to this question, it’s because 90% of people that do heavy workouts in the free weights section are pure meatheads
For the record, if you take your big stupid Beats™ headphones to the gym with you, you are part of the problem.
Oh yeah, shoutouts to my favourite people whom ive never even talked to – the poser brothers, who literally stand around and take turns doing exercises before pulling up their vest and staring at their chest/abs while posing. It is genuinely one of the most entertaining things ive ever seen, just because I was struggling to process the fact that people like that actually exist, even the brofessor is a fictional satirical character but these guys were like the embodiment of it.